THe hping security tool is available in different versions and for different systems. Hping2 is the old version of the tool supporting the command line interfiace, while the new hping3 is the evolution that adds a Tcl scripting engine. Note that hping3 even if used in command line mode (hping2 compatible mode) contains some fix, so if available for your system download hping3 instead of hping2. If you plan to use hping in order to perform automated networks scans and security tests you can use hping3 scripts instead of hping2 + shell scripts, it is much more powerful!
Hping3 security tool source code for Unix-like systems
hping3-20051105 source code.
Hping2 security tool source code for Unix-like systems
Hping2 security tool executable and source code for win32
hping2.win32.tar.gz source code and executable inside.
Many thanks to James Fields [james.v.fields (at) gmail.com] and Kevin Johnson [kjohnson (at) secureideas.net] for the latest release, and to the original author of the port, Rob Turpin [rgturpin (at) epop3.com].
Hping2 security tool executable for MacOSX
Hping2 CVS version
You can obtain the development version of the hping source code
using the sourceforge anonymous CVS, following this instruction:
- $ cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/hping2 login
- cvs will ask for the password, just press enter, no password is required
- than type this to download the full source code:
- cvs -z8 -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/hping2 checkout hping2
- The next time you want the latest version enter the directory where you put the source code obtained using cvs and type:
- $ cvs update
Hping3 CVS version
Check this page for hping3 CVS.